Founded as far back as 1988, Trend Micro, the developers of Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows has been continuously providing both individuals and businesses alike with undisputable means of combatting computer system malware attacks in various ramifications as well as guaranteeing safety of information while simultaneously contributing to enhanced overall system performances amongst others. This widely accepted and trusted internet security application is often ranked in the top ten antimalware and/or computer system security solutions by most evaluators.
For example, as recently as May 2017 and June 2017, AV-TEST posted in its Product Review and Certification Report that for the two months, Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows had perfect 100% assessment scores for both tests on the detection of widespread malware in the past 4 weeks, as well as the protection against zero-day malware attacks. This consistency is a very noteworthy feat that convincingly buttresses the reliability of this application. Some of the profound features that are associated with Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows are highlighted below.
Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows Features
- Impressive Parental Control features that unequivocally guarantee that the children’s activities on the internet are well defined and monitored.
- Promotes privacy while on the internet through its ability to shi9eld and secure confidential data/ information most especially on social media platforms.
- Notable ransomware protection that detects potential ransomware attempts to attack a computer system and thus rapidly backs up the data to forestall total loss.
- Outstanding ability to scan and detect computer viruses and also repair/ fix infected systems accordingly.
- The PC health-check feature in Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows is a remarkable tool that goes a long way in enhancing system-performance optimization.
Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows Pros
- Robust ability to identify malicious software and thereby tackle them accordingly.
- Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows has the striking potential to ensure faster and more efficient performances through its ability to address issues and restore optimal performances.
- Significantly increases privacy and data safety on the internet. Security threats common with the use of social media platforms are reduced, while the risks of phishing emails are forestalled when this application is enabled.
- With a single license, up to 3 computer systems can be protected simultaneously by Trend Micro.
- This application has a user friendly interface that is amazingly easy to use.
Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows Cons
- Heavy system impact especially during scans is a major drawback of Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows.
- There have been isolated cases reported about the lengthiness of the time required to perform a full system scan.
- It has also been reported by a few users that the process of uninstallation can be a bit tardy.
Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows System Specifications
- 32/ 64-bit Microsoft Windows Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- 1 GHz CPU speed (Recommended)
- 5 GB free disk space
- 2 GB RAM
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0/ Mozilla Firefox/ Google Chrome
How To Install Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows
- Go to http://www.downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/
- Download installation package
- Open installation file
- Accept User Account Control permission to start the installation
- After the system has been automatically checked, enter the 20-digit serial number as appropriate
- Click Next then click Agree and Install to assent to the License agreement
- Follow on-screen instructions and select your personal preferences to activate the product
- Click Finish to exit setup after installation is complete
How To Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security For Windows
- Go to https://www.esupport.trendmicro.com
- Download the security uninstall tool
- Open the downloaded file and click Next
- Run Uninstall.bat and press any key
- Trend Micro Internet Security for Windows would be removed after a few moments
- Restart your computer to complete uninstallation