The advent of computer antivirus software and other antimalware applications in general has been insightful. McAfee Antivirus for Windows is arguably one of the most long-lasting, tested and proven antivirus programs since the inception of antimalware tools in computing. Besides its user-friendliness, McAfee Antivirus for Windows also has an array of appreciable features that guarantee solid internet protection as well as effective functions that enhance the smooth and unhindered operation of computer systems. These impressive abilities have been duly confirmed and/or assured by the results of various IT-Security comparison evaluations. For instance, AV-TEST in June 2017 announced that the results of Real-World Testing of McAfee Antivirus for Windows’ ability to protect Windows operating systems against zero-day malware attacks was 99%, while this Antivirus application had a 100% score when its ability to detect prevalent malware was computed and/or analyzed for a prior 4-week period of time.
McAfee Antivirus For Windows Features
- Spectacular ability to ensure data safety and prevent information leakage through its Digital Data Shredder feature.
- Efficient QuickClean tool that enhances the removal of temporary data caches and this tends to promote safety against unauthorized access.
- Efficient Password Manager feature that enhances the safety of login information in order to forestall the threats of security breaches.
- Appreciable Parental Control tools that help to appropriately manage and/or moderate internet accessibility to various web contents.
- Unlimited licenses which remarkably improve versatility as well as scope/range of use.
McAfee Antivirus For Windows Pros
- In contrast to some other antivirus software applications, McAfee Antivirus for Windows is quite a light program with reduced system resource impacts.
- McAfee Antivirus for Windows is a very basic antivirus program that is extremely simple to use.
- Offers unparalleled flexibility that enables it to function simultaneously on an undefined number of computer Operating Systems through its Unlimited Licenses characteristics.
- The results from independent testing labs clearly indicate that McAfee Antivirus for Windows had an admirable false positive percentage. This entails the fact that the antivirus app was duly dependable at recognizing safe websites without wrongly labelling them as threats.
- Moderate tech support via either live chats or weekday phone support options.
McAfee Antivirus For Windows Cons
- In comparison with industry averages of other competitive antivirus software in respect to antivirus/ malware detection and protection, McAfee Antivirus for Windows shows significant vulnerability to attack.
- Unimpressive firewall protection test results.
- Unintuitive User Interface
- System scanning takes a very long duration of time
McAfee Antivirus For Windows System Requirements
The minimum system requirements needed to successfully download and install McAfee Antivirus for Windows are listed below as follows;
- 500 MB of free hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GHz CPU speed
- 32/64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
How To Install McAfee Antivirus For Windows
- Go to https://service.mcafee.com and download the Pre-Install Tool (Pre-install_tool.exe)
- Save the downloaded file to your desktop
- Double click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions
- Close the dialog box after the Preinstall Tool completes its action
- Restart the computer
- Go to https://home.mcafee.com
- Register for a McAfee account if you don’t have one, then Login
- Select the software version you wish to install
- Click Download
- Agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Follow the instructions to install McAfee antivirus on your Windows computer
How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus For Windows
- Go to Start and open Settings
- Open Apps and features under System
- Locate and Select McAfee Antivirus and click Uninstall
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose individual preferences accordingly
- Click Uninstall again to begin the removal process
- Exit setup after Uninstall completes
- Reboot/ Restart your computer