ESET for Windows is a multi-award winning antivirus solution. This internet security/ antivirus/ antimalware application is acclaimed to be the only product to ever win 100 Virus Bulletin’s VB 100 awards over the past 18 consecutive years; an unbroken record and feat no other internet security solution can lay claims to. In addition, all in 2017, ESET Endpoint Security earned five out of five stars in every category in a review carried out by SC Magazine; had its sixth consecutive ‘Top Rated Product’ by AV-Comparatives; had Digital Citizen award it for its ESET Smart Security Premium and so much more. Furthermore in June 2017, AV-TEST released in its Product Review and Certification Report that ESET for Windows had a 99.0% efficiency for the Real World Testing as well as a 99.9% efficiency in the AV-TEST Reference Set.
The reason for this impressive collection of awards is not surprising; this internet security application has robust features that speak volumes about its superiority. Some of such features are highlighted below.
ESET For Windows Features
- ESET for Windows is very compatible with a wide range of devices and platforms which enhances flexibility.
- This internet security application also has unique webcam and router safety features that enable you to detect unauthorized attempts at accessing your devices.
- Safe online banking features that automatically secure your transactions on the internet are another attribute of this product.
- Superlative antivirus and antispyware protection to always ensure that your computer is safe.
- ESET for Windows has a brilliant Gamer Mode that allows you to play games, watch shows and other forms of entertainment activities without undue interruption.
ESET For Windows Pros
- This internet security application is very reliable when it comes to guaranteeing consumer safety while shopping and/or banking online.
- ESET for Windows has a uniquely impressive anti-ransomware protection quality that is very admirable.
- ESET for Windows also has very solid and credible antivirus protection qualities that ensure computer system safety.
- According to the June 2017 AV-TEST results for this internet security application, it had a monumental rating when it came to the false detection of legitimate software as malware during system scans.
ESET For Windows Cons
- The installation and subsequent uninstallation procedures for ESET For Windows is relatively not as straightforward as with the other similar internet security applications.
- Limited technical support availability if and when needed.
- Comparatively enigmatic and quite compounding user interface.
- This internet security package has been reported to be considerably impactful on system resources.
ESET For Windows System Specifications
- Microsoft Windows Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- 32/ 64-bit 1 GHz Processor speed or more
- 320 MB free disk space
- 1 GB RAM (Recommended)
How To Install ESET For Windows
- Go to https://www.support.eset.com/kb2790/?locale=en_us and download the installation file
- Open the downloaded file and click Next on the ESET File Security Setup window
- Accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next to continue
- In the Installation Mode, select Typical and click Next to proceed
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select your personal preferences accordingly
- Select the Enable ThreatSecure.Net Early Warning System checkbox and click Next
- Click Install to continue
- Click on Finish when the installation is complete
How To Uninstall ESET For Windows
- Download the ESET Uninstaller at http://www.support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=en_us
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode
- Go to Start > All programs > Accessories
- Right click Command Prompt and select Rub as administrator
- In the command prompt window, type cd Desktop and click Enter
- Type y (Yes) to confirm and verify the uninstallation process
- After uninstallation is complete, restart the computer in the normal mode