Baidu Mobile Security is predominantly a Chinese-based Android OS mobile security solution with fair recognition despite its language limitations. With test results well above the industry average scores when evaluated by a couple of major IT-security companies, Baidu Mobile Security is not a minnow in the mobile security business by a long stretch. Anti-Theft, Call Blocking, Message Filter, Application Lock, backup and Smart Anti-Fraud features are some of the enviable properties that this mobile security solution possesses. As of January 2017, AV-TEST released in its Product Review and Certification report that Baidu Mobile Security had a 99.8% efficiency in detecting the latest Android malware in real-time in contrast to the industry average test score of 99.0%. In addition, this mobile security solution’s ability to detect the latest Android malware in the past 4-week period had an efficiency of a perfect 100% as against the industry average value of 99.6%.
Baidu Mobile Security Features
- Efficient message filter features that reliably sift through mails and/or messages in order to curb the menace of unwanted and/or spam messages.
- In the same vein, Baidu Mobile Security has a widely recognized Call Blocker tool that significantly helps in blocking unwanted calls from either specific or unknown numbers.
- Baidu Mobile Security has a unique Anti-Fraud feature that helps to protect end users from hackers and criminals online.
- Superlative Application Lock tool that enhances the protection and security of personal data and/or information on the device from unwanted access.
- Baidu Mobile Security also has a very invaluable Anti-Theft feature that helps in locating lost devices. It also has the ability to remotely lock and wipe off data if and/or when necessary.
Baidu Mobile Security Pros
- Baidu Mobile Security provides a noteworthy ability to backup personal data whenever necessary in a bid to militate against the incidences of information loss.
- In similarity to some other mobile security products, Baidu Mobile Security has been reported to have minimal impacts on battery life.
- Furthermore, Baidu Mobile Security remarkably does not slow down device performance during normal usage. This may be attributed to the fact that this mobile security app does not generate too much traffic thereby freeing up system resources and consequently enhancing optimization.
- With Baidu Mobile Security, false warnings during the installation and usage of legitimate apps from both Google Play Store as well as other third party app stores were non-existent.
Baidu Mobile Security Cons
- Similar to most mobile security products that are predominantly Chinese-based, Baidu Mobile Security’s lack of representative technical support for speakers of other languages most especially English is a major setback.
- Baidu Mobile Security does not have some fundamental features inherent in most other competitive mobile security solutions. Such features include parental control, device encryption and also safe browsing tools.
Baidu Mobile Security System Specifications
- Android 3.0 and up
- 7 MB (size on disk)
How To Install Baidu Mobile Security
- Launch Google Play Store
- Search for Baidu Mobile Security and select it
- Tap on Install
- Accept the permissions in order to proceed with the installation process
- Open the app after download and installation is complete
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and activate
How To Uninstall Baidu Mobile Security
As with most other Android OS-based apps;
- Go to Settings
- Tap Applications
- Tap Application Manager
- Select Baidu Mobile Security from the list of apps on the device
- Tap Uninstall
- Confirm Uninstall
- Exit after uninstallation is complete