AVG antivirus is the mostly downloaded free antivirus software in CNET download.com. Recent AV-test shows 100% malware detection including web and email threats. If you are looking for free antivirus software to protect your computer, AVG comes on the top of the list. More than 200 million users are using AVG antivirus based on AVG websites AVG is very good at malware protection and provides lots of configuration options.
AVG Free Antivirus Features at a glance:
AVG antivirus free version provides basic malware and virus protection that you need for your computer. These includes the followings:
• Computer protected- Scans and protect your computer from all kind of threats, malware and viruses.
• Web protection – Protects from web browsers threats while accessing internet.
• Identity protection- Identify any suspicious behavior of any software in your computer and determines whether it’s safe to use or not.
• Email protection- Protects your email from malicious spam and harmful attached.
• Add more device- You can add and protect your PCs, Macs and Android devices on a single install
AVG Free Antivirus specifications as per CNET.com
• Editors Rating: Very Good
• User Rating (Average): 4 Stars
• Ranking: Rank #2 in Free Antivirus Software
• Total Download: More than 566 Millions
• File Size: 2.76 MB
• Platform: Windows (windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
• Price: Free
Note: You can get the latest information from the following link: http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVirus-Free/3000-2239_4-10320142.html
How to Download and Install AVG Free Antivirus?
1. Go to AVG website (http://www.avg.com/us-en/buy-antivirus/ ).
2. Scroll down and click on Free Download under AVG Protection Free option.
3. Wait till popup window appears.
4. Save the file on the computer (on the Desktop).
5. Double click on the AVG file from the Desktop and wait till extracted.
6. Select language and click Continue
7. Keep default settings unless you want to customize. Click on Continue
8. Wait until installation is completed windows appears.
9. Now, you are done with installation. Click on Run full Scan for the first time.
Note: Please read the system requirements for the software compatibly before you install.
How to Uninstall AVG Free Antivirus?
1. Type and Search “Control Panel” from the Windows start button (icon).
2. Under Programs, click on “Uninstall a program”.
3. Find and right click on “AVG” and click on Uninstall.
4. Follow the steps to complete uninstall.