Avast free antivirus is one of the best free antivirus software available to download. As per Avast website, over 230 million users are using Avast free antivirus and thousands are downloading every day. Avast is very popular to the desktop users and rank#1 as free antivirus software in Cnet.com. In the AV-Test, Avast shows 100% protection against malware, web and email threats. The user interface is easy to use and very user friendly.
Avast Free Antivirus Features at a glance:
Avast antivirus free version provides essential protection that you need for your computer. Avast Smart Scan performs all of the followings:
• Checks compatibility and shows if there is any issue.
• Scans for viruses and malware.
• Identifies outdated software that are not up to date.
• Detects if there is any bad add-ons on browsers.
• Detects if there is any networks threats.
• Checks system’s performance and suggest for optimization.
• Measures password security score that stores in the browsers.
Avast Free Antivirus specifications as per CNET.com
• Editors Rating: Excellent
• User Rating (Average): 4.5 Stars
• Ranking: Rank #1 in Free Antivirus Software
• Total Download: More than 380 Thousand
• File Size: 4.83 MB
• Platform: Windows (windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
• Price: Free
Note: You can get the latest information from the following link: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus-2016/3000-2239_4-10019223.html
How to Download and Install Avast Free Antivirus?
1. Go to Avast website (https://www.avast.com/).
2. Under Free Antivirus Essential, click on FREE DOWNLOAD.
3. It will take you to the cnet.com. Wait for the Save as window to display.
4. Save the file on the computer(on the Desktop).
5. Double click on the Avast file from the Desktop and click Install unless you want to customize.
6. Wait till install is completed. A new will display as “You are protected”.
7. Click Continue->Continue ->No, I don’t want to protect my Android phone(if you do not want).
8. Now, you are done with installation. Click on Run Smart Scan for the first time.
Note: Please read the system requirements for the software compatibly before you install.
How to Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus?
1. Type and Search “Control Panel” from the Windows start button(icon).
2. Under Programs, click on “Uninstall a program”.
3. Find and right click on “Avast” and click on Uninstall.
4. Follow the steps to complete the uninstall.